Legal & Regulatory Action
Advocacy doesn’t just happen at the Capitol. Our work with state agencies, regulatory boards and the courts is critical to making Minnesota the healthiest state and best place to practice medicine. Our key legal and regulatory work addresses:
- Board of Medical Practice
- The MMA works closely with the BMP to ensure that they are upholding the standards of the profession and protecting the public.
- Amicus Briefs
- The MMA files “friend of the court” briefs of key court cases that impact the practice of medicine.
- State task force/advisory groups
- MMA members and staff serve on a number of state task forces and advisory groups that affect your ability to practice medicine.
- Legal Resources